Student Cluster Competition
(National Tsing Hua University)
- What is the name of your team and why did you choose it?
Our team name is NTHUSCC 702, where 702 is the room number of our lab.
- Why do you think your team will have an edge in the event (what's your secret sauce)?
We have veterans. Three of our team members participated in past year’s student cluster competitions around the world. Experience is one of the most important things in SCC.
- What have you done to prepare that makes your team unique?
We prepared several pack of snacks called "乖乖" (pronounced "guai guai") for our cluster. "乖 乖" means not to cause trouble in Chinese, and the green color also means zero downtime for cluster.
- What are you most looking forward to in the competition?
The chance to meet with judges and experts in HPC, and students from other teams.
- How long will it take you to get to Denver?
In SC17, we took roughly 20 hours from Taiwan to Denver (transfer time included).
- What do your team members do for fun?
Watch Netflix. We have a TV in our lab, and we connect the TV to a Raspberry Pi and watch Netflix with it.
- If your team had a theme song, what would it be?
"Elevation Worship - Do it Again.
If there’s compile errors, then COMPILE IT AGAIN.
If the code does not run, then RUN IT AGAIN.
If anything fails, then DO IT AGAIN."
- Can you share an interesting fact about your team?
We make our team also a study group: each week one of us shares some knowledge related to HPC. The presentation take place at the same time with our weekly meeting.