Student Cluster Competition
(Oak Ridge National Laboratory, University of Tennessee,
Pellissippi State Community College, Maryville College)
- What is the name of your team and why did you choose it?
Our team name was chosen because we are a group of students from different universities in the state of Tennessee.
- Why do you think your team will have an edge in the event (what's your secret sauce)?
Our strategy involves taking a single gpu node, which has been a formula for success in the past, and adding on to it. A single gpu node has the advantage of not wasting power on high speed networking. We believe we
can still leverage that advantage by using a mesh network to connect 4 additional cpu nodes to our gpu node, without using an infiniband switch.
- What have you done to prepare that makes your team unique?
Our team took part in an internship at Oak Ridge National Laboratory over the summer, where we completed the majority of our preparations. Since the team is made up of students from multiple universities, we meet once a
week during the school semester.
- What are you most looking forward to in the competition?
Meeting other students from different backgrounds and cultures.
- How long will it take you to get to Denver?
About a 3-4 hour flight!
- What do your team members do for fun?
Reading, drawing, hiking, video games and crying about math.
- If your team had a theme song, what would it be?
"Dancing Queen" by Abba
- Can you share an interesting fact about your team?
We’re not very interesting people, I don’t know what you want.