Student Cluster Competition
VSCC Team Requirements
- A team consists of 6 undergraduate or high school students and one primary advisor.
- All team members must be enrolled at an educational institution but MUST NOT have been granted an undergraduate degree before the start of the VSCC.
- A team may be composed of members from multiple educational institutions including combined high school and college students.
- Advisors are required to be staff, faculty or graduate students of the team’s educational institution(s) or sponsoring HPC center.
- Each team must have a sponsoring institution. In addition, it is highly recommended for an institution or HPC center to have a vendor partner to help offset costs for the event.
VSCC Institution/Vendor Requirements
- Institutions, sponsoring HPC centers and/or their vendor partners must provide team training and support. Each team will be provided an allocation of credits on Microsoft Azure. The deployment’s software must meet competition rules.
- In the months leading up to the competition, teams will be provided a month-by-month Azure budget for testing and training. Institutions and vendor partners should provide their teams with software and application support for practice and preparation, ideally for three (3) months or more prior to the competition.
- Vendors are encouraged to provide training and interact closely with their teams in designing cloud deployment.
VSCC Azure Deployments
- All hardware must be commercially available by the start of the competition.
- No hardware in the competition system may be subject to a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- All technical specifications of all hardware components should be available to the general public at competition start.
- All performance results from the competition hardware must be able to be published without restriction.